The anchor of Art Basel’s show is its Galleries sector. Visitors will discover a breadth of Modern and contemporary works including paintings, drawings, sculpture, installations, prints, photography, video and digital art by more than 4,000 artists.
To ensure your safety and comfort at our Basel show, please be aware of the following and prepare accordingly:
- For safety and security reasons, all visitors and their belongings are subject to a thorough inspection before entering the show premises.
- Backpacks, suitcases and trolleys of any size are not allowed.
- Bags, briefcases and similar items larger than 16″ x 8″ x 16″ (40 x 20 x 40 cm) must be deposited either at the Coat Check in the Welcome Lounge (Hall 5) or in Hall 1.
- Only one bag per person is allowed.
- Personal/- non-professional use photography is permitted, however it must be conducted without disruption to the galleries or visitors, and with the safety of the artworks in mind.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in the exhibition halls, with the exception of certified service animals for visitors with disabilities.
- Please note that press and promotional photography and filming are taking place on the premises. Attendance at the fair implies permission for your image to be used for non-commercial purposes (including media reports).
- Smoking or vaping is not permitted on the show premises.
Traveling to Basel
Close proximity to two international airports makes getting to Basel quick and convenient. From EuroAirport Basel it takes just 10 minutes by car, while Zurich Airport is an hour away. HRG Travel Agency is Art Basel’s official agency for travel and accommodation in Basel. HRG Switzerland Ltd. Meetings, Groups & Events Tel. + 41 58 105 53 53 Fax +41 58 105 53 59 email@example.com
Basel is situated in the heart of Europe – where Switzerland, Germany, and France meet – making it a rail hub with excellent national and international links, including direct daytime and nighttime connections from Germany, Austria, Italy, France and the Benelux countries.The ‘Basel SBB/SNCF’ and ‘Basel Badischer Bahnhof’ train stations are located near the show venue. Train Service Information: In Switzerland: sbb.ch In France: sncf.fr In Germany: bahn.de
Located right off of the A2 motorway, Basel is easily reached by car. The ‘Messe’ exit from the A2 motorway leads directly to the show venue and congress ground. A multi-story car park adjacent to the venue accommodates 1,200 vehicles. Chauffeur Drive and Europcar offer special rates and packages to Art Basel’s visitors and exhibitors. Contact Nicole Hischier, firstname.lastname@example.org or call +41 44 804 10 50 for bookings and further information.